+39 0331.211911
info@bassettitex.com

Company

Our history

Established in 1875, Tessitura Carlo Bassetti spa covers an area of about 50,000 square metres, 30,000 of which are roofed and divided between the two premises of Gallarate (VA) and Verbania (VB).

Established in 1875 by Carlo Bassetti, industrial manager of Gallarate, since 1908 Tessitura Carlo Bassetti S.p.a.’s seat has always been in Gallarate and is considered one of the major examples of Art Nouveau in the Province of Varese.

In 1914 Carlo Bassetti still had no heirs and transferred the current property to Benvenuto Tognella, maternal grandfather of the current CEO, engineer Riccardo Fiorina.

In 1965 the Verbania factory was opened to satisfy the growing demand for production and sales.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Production

Tessitura Carlo Bassetti spa produces a large part of its sales at its main plant of Gallarate with cutting-edge machineries able to guarantee prompt deliveries according to the best made in Italy standards.
After warping and sizing, the yarn bought from both Italian and foreign manufacturers is waived on dobby and jacquard rapier looms. Fabrics first undergo ennobling by specialized dye-works based on the type of item and then are returned to our factory for the final quality control.

Warehouse

Another core feature of Tessitura Carlo Bassetti S.p.a. is the flexibility of its warehouse able to provide prompt deliveries of large orders of shirt items – ranging from pure to stretch out cotton, linen to mixed linen, viscose – thanks to over thirty thousand square metres of warehousing spaces divided between the historical seat of Gallarate and the more recently built premises of Verbania.
The evolution of the markets has required the relocation of part of our production abroad but the entire planning process is still carried out by Tessitura Carlo Bassetti S.p.A. in-house design department so as to work side by side and satisfy even the most demanding customers.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider